Project-Based Learning For Intermediate Graphic Designers with Adobe Creative Cloud Apps
What you’ll learn
- An advanced understanding of how to work with BOTH print and web projects in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Have a general understanding of what it takes to start your own business as a freelance designer.
- Feel confident working with clients and managing projects.
- Learn about top trending design techniques and how to produce them.
- Learn how to track time and send invoices for your work.
- Know how to be a better designer & make awesome graphics.
- Learn how to understand and find design trends.
- Know how to design graphics for websites.
- Learn how to get started as a freelancer
- Learn how to create work that will sell as a freelance graphic designer.
- You should be passionate about learning more about Graphic Design
- Mac or PC with access to Adobe Creative Cloud apps. Specifically, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Lightroom
- This is a continuation of Graphic Design Bootcamp: Part 1, so it’s ideal if you have completed that course but it’s not required.
This course is for anyone who is interested in becoming a graphic designer, and is especially geared towards intermediate students who have already completed Derrick’s Graphic Design Bootcamp: Part 1 Course.
This course is based off of hours of student conversations, and is updated frequently because it’s a compilation of some of the most asked questions from Derrick’s students.
Do you have a question or a topic idea you think would add value to the course? Post a message once you have enrolled – your idea just may end up being the next video lecture added to the course!
What Students Are Saying About This Course:
- “I am working full time as a self-employed graphic designer for 1 year now and I took this course to keep me updated, get new information and ideas. Thank you for a great course.” – Cecilia Sigurdsson
- “The tutor is thorough, enthusiastic and relatable which is extremely helpful when preparing for freelancing. I would highly recommend this course w/ the part 1.” – Benjamin Bradbury
- “Thank you for the quality of your courses, I enjoy every moment of learning the Graphic Design. You have a great accent and smooth communication, cause I am from Morocco and I can easily understand everything. Thank you again, Best Teacher, Highly recommended!” – Ichraq Fadel
What to Expect:
We will be using a mix of Lightroom, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator for project lessons; the industry-standard applications for graphic design. learning more relevant terms and design practices to help you create pixel-perfect projects for print and web.
If you aren’t looking to learn design for a job, don’t worry – this is a great course for you too! Many students are non-designers looking to make fun projects on the side. Or students looking to spice up their resumes and social media graphics, and teachers looking to add some creative elements to their homework materials – the list goes on and on.
There is also a private Facebook group with over 6,700 students and counting, which is an awesome resource for you to take advantage of while you go through the course. The group is an excellent place to post projects, get insightful critiques, and network with other like-minded students and working professionals all over the world.
If you see anything in any of the lectures that no longer apply with the software update, please let us know! We are doing our best to keep this course up to date and continue to add value for you.
Instructor Qualifications and Background:
Derrick has spent his entire career in the creative arts and marketing sector. Starting back as early as high school where he turned homework into paying gigs, his love for all things art and technology driven has continued to grow. Working with brands such as MTV, Nintendo, and Netflix while employed as an intern for Seven 2 Interactive catapulted his career.
Derrick is the owner of a small design agency, Mitchell’s Garage | Creative Media Chop Shop, located in the heart of downtown Kalispell, Montana. Mitchell’s Garage has been successful in reaching and working with clients all over the world, including Washington D.C., New York, California, Calgary, Austria, Australia, Washington, Colorado, and of course, throughout Montana. He is also the Creative Director for a defense company based out of Montana – a job that lets him stretch his creative muscles and make some epic things each and every day.
Who this course is for:
- Intermediate graphic designers, or students who have already completed Derrick’s Graphic Design Bootcamp on Udemy
- Anyone that wants to learn how to take their creative ideas and put them into a print or digital format.
- Designers who are interested in Freelancing or starting their own business.
Size: 5.36 GB